Stackhouse and Son, Inc. was started in 1971
by Frank Stackhouse with a 1946 cable tool
machine, one service truck and a shoe string. David
Stackhouse joined the firm to assist Frank in the business.
In 1973 they purchased their first Pneumatic
Hammer Drill from Ingersoll Rand Equipment Corp. in Scranton,
PA. Since that time they have upgraded the equipment and now
have two Ingersoll Rand T3-W Drillers, two service trucks, a
grout pump, a pump hoist truck, two service pump trucks and
two pump hoist's for extracting submersible pumps from wells
and other equipment as required to operate the business.
In 1974 a 30x50 metal building was erected
to serve as an office and shop space, since then a 24x50
addition was put on the existing building and in 1992 a new
40x80 shop building was erected to provide heated parking of
the service trucks (eliminating emptying the water trucks in
the winter months and keep snow and ice off the trucks and
drillers and providing more work space.)
In 1988 the firm purchased a Kyle Equipment
Corp. Hydro-Frac machine. While the Hydro-Frac technique had
long been used in the oil fields to increase flow yields it
was new to water wells. Stackhouse and Son purchased the first
one in this area and to their knowledge is one of the two
within a 100 mile radius.
Stackhouse and Son presently has 9
employees, most of which have been employed 10 years or more.
In 1997 Frank retired and his son Dave Stackhouse
has been operating the business
assisted by John Davenport who is the expert on pumps and associated equipment.